2 in 1 day!

Yep...that's right, I made two kinds of cupcakes in one day and one of 'em was apparently the best yet. Today, I made peanut butter cupcakes (with a hint of cinnamon that is surprisingly a great touch!) with peanut butter creme icing and a piece of Hershey's chocolate to top it off. I was already making a small batch of Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing for a co-worker and after watching multiple videos of people making cupcakes this afternoon, I decided to make a batch of the others too!

Today was officially my first "order" and an all time favorite cupcake--Red Velvet. How can you go wrong with them!? This was the very first kind of cupcake I made for my office and they were a hit. My co-worker offered to pay me for a half dozen of them but my response was "I'm not quite there yet!" I haven't yet figured out the prices for my cupcakes, but I plan to seal the deal sometime soon. I thought that once I got my blog underway and my viewers could see and read about my talent, I could begin selling my desserts to get Liv's Bakery kickin'!

The peanut butter cake recipe was absolutely impeccable with a hint of cinnamon. I never thought that cinnamon and peanut butter would pair so nicely, but hey! Ya learn something new through every concoction. My cake was moist, flavorful, and the size was perfect. I never thought such a small amount of peanut butter would go such a long way! I thought that the peanut butter creme icing was going to be too much PB flavor, but this definitely wasn't the case. The icing was the perfect consistency to spread on with a spatula and the chocolate piece was just right for the mix EVERYONE dies for.

For the Red Velvet cupcakes, I think I will always use the same recipe because it turns out great each time. I knew they had to look good as they were a gift, and I ended up placing just the right amount of batter into the liners as they rose right past the top of the rim. Since I cut the recipe down by so much, I had to play with the ingredients in the icing to make the right amount. Cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners sugar, butter, and vanilla. I figured out when I was younger that home made icing will always be good no matter the amount of ingredients added. Just kidding, I can't take it THAT far. But to make it thicker, add more sugar...to make it thinner, add a bit of milk! There was just that little bit left over in the bowl to enjoy :)

Happy Memorial Day and thank you to all of our soldiers that fight for our country. Peace!




1 comments:

Martin said...
May 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM

The PB ones were really good! I think adding a bit more chocolate to them would make them even better.

Post a Comment