Bangin' Biscotti

Just so you are all aware, those cinnamon sugar biscotti turned out FANTASTIC! Almost the whole plate is gone already! I decided to head over to my parents yesterday on Father's Day to bake because there is A LOT more counter space there. I really need to find me a place where counter space is unlimited. Spreading out definitely makes a difference and places less stress on ya. Apartment complexes really need to work on placing outlets in the correct places...just sayin'...

What I did not expect: I thought the biscotti were going to be much larger. Ya know, the kind you see at Starbucks that are like $2...I thought those were the normal size. Mine turned out to be mini, maybe about 2 inches long, but it actually ended up being the perfect size. They are perfect for dipping fully into a cup of coffee for breakfast or even for a late night snack. Cinnamon sugar probably has to be my favorite flavor for anything. My favorite cookie happens to be Snickerdoodles which captures this flavor well. Also can't forget the cinnamon sugar pretzels from Auntie Anne's in the mall. Anyways, the fact that I didn't expect these to be so small ended up being a good thing after all!

Biscotti are extremely easy to make too! It's pretty much like making a hard cookie just cut into a different shape. Basically, you make the dough up and add whatever toppings you want into it. I chose to add slivered almonds (which actually didn't give it much more flavor since the cinnamon seems to over power everything). I also saw a picture on Instagram after I had hashtagged #biscotti of a biscotti that had mango, dates, and other fruit cake type additions. You really could add anything you want into this cookie. I also had planned on dipping them halfway into milk chocolate and topping with more slivered almonds. However, since they turned out smaller, I didn't do this.

Next time: When you prepare the dough for baking, you form it into two 9-inch long logs about 1.5 inches wide. You bake for about 25 minutes until firm and golden, let cool for 15 minutes, cut each log into 1/2 inch slices diagonally, and place back into the oven for 15-20 minutes. Next time, I plan to make the logs wider so that the slices are longer (just like the biscotti we see in Starbucks and other places). These will allow for dipping and adding more toppings!

All in all, I am so pleased with the outcome of my very first biscotti. As a newbie, I couldn't be more happier with the results! They are so easy to make, I am ready to prepare many more concoctions in the future for all new biscotti flavors.Stay tuned for more to come!

In the meantime, don't forget, I am ready for orders on your favorite cupcake flavors, cake pop creations, and possibly a few cakes. If you know of an upcoming party you're attending, throwing, or perhaps something you're not attending but know of, don't hesitate to recommend Liv's Bakery!

Cheers!

P.S: Business cards coming soon!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment