Where Are the Biscotti!?

Hey all! If anyone is wondering, I didn't make the Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti (BTW, Biscotto is the singular version if ya'll didn't know) yesterday simply because I wanted a lazy Sunday after laying out by the pool for 3 hours. I know, it's a lame excuse, but looking and feeling like a lobster after 100 degree weather can definitely wear a girl out! I had this plan, to twist around a basic cinnamon & sugar Italian biscotti recipe by adding slivered almonds (a lot of em!) and then dipping them halfway into melted milk chocolate chips and covering with slivered almonds again. Sounds tasty eh!? It was such a simple recipe too and I STILL didn't have the strength to bake yesterday. Instead I went to Noodles & Co. with good friends to enjoy a nice vegetarian meal (If anyone ever goes there and likes trying new things, try the new veggie flat bread, it is absolutely delish!).

Anyways, I still plan on trying out this concoction in the near future; however, for now, I need to focus on my cupcakes that I am making for my boss' surprise, 60th birthday party on Friday! I am even switching up my gym days in order to focus on these cupcakes Thursday night. I decided on a vanilla cupcake with Nutella butter cream frosting as well as a double chocolate cupcake with vanilla butter cream icing! Adding chocolate chips into the chocolate cupcake is going to satisfy all those who are chocolate fanatics that are attending. I spent a good amount of time today searching for the perfect cake recipes for this event because I feel like chocolate and vanilla cupcakes can be SO boring unless you spice 'em up a little. One day, I am going to make the The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake by Stef on The Cupcake Project. This recipe looks spectacular using whole milk and a whole vanilla bean. Apparently these are expensive, so I will save this project for the future :D Check it out though! I plan on following this woman's recipes to become better at what I want to do with my life--become an ultimate baker! Okay...maybe I'm taking it a bit too far, but I know it will help me become a better baker and push me closer and closer to my goal--opening the ultimate bakery! Okay, just kidding again.

I just want to be a successful baker...NOW TAKING ORDERS!! Contact me on here or on Facebook and tell me whatcha want.

Can't wait to hear from ya'll!

0 comments:

Post a Comment