Biggest Order So Far!



I had my first semi-large cupcake order yesterday! An old co-worker requested three dozen cupcakes, three different flavors--vanilla on vanilla, chocolate on chocolate, and the good ol' moist red velvet (and yes, the two extras that you see in the picture to the right were gone the morning after making these! Thanks roomies! I don't need the extra pounds).

I decided to use a brand new chocolate cupcake recipe from my new cupcake cook book! I usually find my recipes online and tweak them a tad but I finally resorted to the new book because I wasn't extremely satisfied with the other chocolate cupcake recipe that I've used in the past. Can you believe it, a recipe that says it yields 12-16 medium-sized cupcakes actually yields over 30!!!! Since I was only making  a dozen, I didn't want to reduce the recipe by that much so I chose a new one!

The recipe included unsweetened chocolate cocoa powder PLUS unsweetened baking chocolate squares. Talk about a chocolate-lover's delight! I'm not too too crazy on chocolate, but the batter sure tasted delish! The picture in the cook book matched exactly how the cupcakes turned out. The smell of brownies filled the air as they baked and filled my nostrils when I held the finished product closer to my face. YUM! 

I used the simple vanilla cupcake recipe that I've used in the past for my oreo-filled cupcakes and then the epic, super moist, red velvet recipe, which by the way, I will NEVER change (it's just THAT good).

Ryan wanted the classic pair of chocolate cupcakes and chocolate butter cream, vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter cream, and cream cheese butter cream atop the red velvet cupcakes. Nothing wrong with the old fashion-liked-by-everyone-on-the-planet matches!

I tried a brand new, made up star technique with the chocolate butter cream using the #22 star tip from Wilton and the finished product was so satisfying that I am sure I will use it again. I used the classic 1M swirl with the vanilla butter cream and then chucked the tip from the pastry bag when I finished off the order with the cream cheese frosting on the red velvet cupcakes. Check out pictures right below!

Thanks Ryan for supporting Liv's Bakery and for all of the other individuals who "like" my page on FB! I'm finally working my way toward opening the bakery with the help of friends and family :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment