What Do Ya'll Think of Chocolate Covered Bacon??

Current Mood: Thankful & Sleepy!
Current Song: Frankie J-Suga, Suga (Baby Bash station on Pandora rocks!)

So I was being a complete bum yesterday (not complaining at all!) and didn't get a chance to bake anything. That's okay though because I am definitely going to make up for that this weekend and next Monday as well! Yesterday was filled with laying on the couch for 5 hours, watching our boys not win (unfortunately), and then doing laundry and enjoying a nice spaghetti dinner at my parents house. 

So this coming holiday weekend (and end of the world!) I will be going to another ugly sweater party. I've decided to bring a dessert, of course, to the party but just couldn't think of something different/unique off the top of my head. Dominic decided to throw his two cents in and suggested I make cookies...well duh...it would have been between cookies & cupcakes...but not just ANY old cookies...eggnog cookies. Well, the eggnog cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting were a HUGE hit at my work holiday party so I knew the cookie form was going to be just the same huge hit. Then...there's bacon bits...not JUST bacon bits...but I suggested adding chocolate covered bacon bits into the batter of the eggnog cookies. STRANGE HUH?? Then of course, what are cookies without a nice cookie glaze on top?? I'll be piping a cinnamon/nutmeg glaze on top of the cookies and then sprinkling a little extra cinnamon to give them the final holiday touch.

Definitely going to be an interesting experiment! My group of guinea pigs at that party better be ready :) 

I think I'm going to name them "Dirty Eggnog" cookies. Chocolate covered bacon bits...eggnog...ya get the idea! 

Stay tuned for the outcome that will be posted this coming Sunday!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment