Pumpkin, Pumpkin, and MORE Pumpkin!

Current Mood: Very awake (more than usual) and relaxed
Current Song: The Script-Breakeven
Plans for the Evening: Bowling for a friend's birthday

So the fall/Holiday season is my favorite simply because of the flavors and scents. Right now, you walk into my house, you'll smell an aroma of maple bacon, hazelnut coffee, and buttered rum. Now, these are your usual autumn scents, but they are cozy scents and I think of autumn a cozy season! I think of warm blankets, snuggies, hot tea, pies, pumpkins, and many other things when I think of autumn. It is my all-time favorite time of year!

Then you also have the best Starbucks flavors during fall. You have pumpkin spice lattes, peppermint mochas, and caramel brulees. As you move toward the Holidays you have gingerbread lattes and eggnog lattes. MMMMMMM...drooling just thinking about it!

What I'm getting at here is that you can never make enough baked goods that involve pumpkin or fall flavors in the fall. You just can't. Impossible.

I've made three batches of mini pumpkin cupcakes so far this season, and I'm making 3 more batches in less than two weeks! They have been a huge hit at all events that I've made them for. I first made them for Dom's parent's football party about a month ago when we played the Steelers (and lost ugh). Dom and our other friend Dom sat there and literally ate 10 in a row. Just peeling away at the liners and stuffing them into their mouths. At one point, Dom tried to encourage me to use no liners in the future. I'm way too afraid of them sticking to the pans for this though!

Then I made them for Allie's Halloween party the week after that. Another huge hit there. After that, I made them for our very own Halloween party. Instead of regular whipped cream this time, I added some (well... a lot) Rum Chata to the frosting. I added a bit too much and I don't think Rum Chata whips as well as the cream. Needless to say, the icing sunk a bit. But not too much! It stayed on the cupcake it just wasn't as pretty.

There was one left on the plate the next morning.

That's it. I'm keeping this recipe forever.

Now I have an order of 10 dozen pumpkin minis, 10 dozen red velvet minis, and 4 pumpkin cheesecakes for Kelly for Thanksgiving. Pumpkin cheesecake is literally my favorite thing on Thanksgiving. I'm not a big pumpkin pie gal so this fills that gap PERFECTLY.

There are two Thanksgiving dinners that day at Peerce's and Kelly's going to put these delectibles out on the buffets at each. Good choices!!!

Who else wants some pumpkin minis for their Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas dinners, Kwanzaa dinners, Hanukkah dinners, or any other Holiday get together!?

Order today!

Cheers

0 comments:

Post a Comment