Biggest Order Yet!!!...I say that a lot, don't I??...

Current Mood: Tired with a headache but pumped for the holidays
Current Song: Calvin Harris-Feel So Close

So I keep saying "This has been my biggest order so far!" to every order I do for Kelly. They just seem to be getting bigger and bigger! No complaints here WHATSOEVER. However, I am still contemplating whether or not this WAS my biggest order yet.

The one time I made 16 dozen regular sized cupcakes for her, 4 dozen of 4 different flavors, I had thought that may be the biggest order yet. I think it may be a tie now though!

I'm definitely contemplating the sale of cheesecakes. They are actually sort of stressful! They are SUPER easy to put together and just throw in the oven for 90 minutes, however, the worrying THEN begins at that very moment.

Will it crack!?
                                     Will it be all the way done in the center!?

Should I reduce the oven temp after 80 min...open the oven door...put a water bath in the bottom of the oven?
                             
                            Or should boiling water go into a cookie sheet and then the cheesecake placed IN that!?

So many questions!!!  

All of these thoughts were running through my head while they were baking. However, I knew that I had a back up plan. I was adding the sour cream topping to them once cooled! Perfect!

And this worked awesomely. The cheesecakes actually came out better than my test round. The sides were flawless. I was lucky enough to have 4 spring form pans so I could just leave the bottoms on them. Put those babies in some boxes and DONE. Look how purty :)


I was so proud of them!

Now onto my minis...I had 10 dozen red velvet and 10 dozen pumpkin. The pumpkin ALWAYS turn out good. And the whipped topping is so easy to make in five minutes and pipe that stuff on.

I decided to make one batch of cream cheese butter cream the night before so it was ready for me to pipe on the morning after before taking them over to Peerce's. I was in a time pinch and it should have sat out longer to get softer. It was a bit thick which put some pains in my hands after piping...but I'd rather it be thicker than too thin!!! That's ALWAYS a nightmare...

I piped the red velvet like roses and the pumpkin regularly. Ended up with lots of leftovers so my wonderful fiance could eat them all in one sitting...no joke.

So I think it's a tie. Still contemplating the whole cheesecake thing. Maybe only sell one at a time...yep.

Fun fact: Going back to the cheesecake stresses...definitely use a water bath in the bottom of your oven. I almost filled a glass casserole dish with water. It definitely prevents cracking. When you remove the cheesecake from the oven, run a knife around the edges almost immediately. Cover the pan loosely with foil and let cool slowly. This is the key to success!

Now carry on. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment