A Seasonal Fav'

That's right ya'll, today I made my seasonal fav' PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!

It's my roommate's favorite treat that I make and she just couldn't WAIT for me to make them this year. Last year, while preparing for a Christmas party that my roommates and I were having, I decided to make DOUBLE the recipe that I had gotten from Allrecipes.com. That was such a silly idea when I ended up with 100 cookies! It seemed like I baked forever that night and I just couldn't understand WHY I did such a thing. The recipe makes 36 cookies (today it ended up making about 42 or so) so I just don't know why on earth I would double this recipe last year ESPECIALLY when I made another type of cookie!

Anyways...I was going to make half the recipe today, but then my roommate said she wanted to take some to the guy she's seeing because they are just THAT awesome. Trust me, these will be eaten up in NO time in any house. My mom used to make them, and still does, and sometimes she would add raisins instead of chocolate chips which is also good!

The recipe says to ice the cookies when they are cooled, however, I'm not a huge fan of putting icing on top of cookies. I think cookies are too thin to add an extra flavor on top; it simply takes away from the delicious, moist cookie flavor! The only cookie I would ice that brings me back to the good ol' days are the butter cookies that my mom used to ice with a thin, lemon glaze. Boy were those da bomb.com. Mom, can I have that recipe!?

Other than leaving the icing off, I follow the recipe exactly and add almost a full bag of regular sized, semi sweet, chocolate chips. I'm a huge fan of milk chocolate in contrast to semi sweet, but for these cookies, you MUST go with semi sweet.

Once they are baked (they are a little hard to tell because the color stays relatively the same as before they are put in the oven) for 18 minutes, remove them from the oven, let stand for no more than 5 minutes, and immediately place into a container of any sort. Seal tight and they will be moist and chewy for days! DELISH!

All the awesome spices prepped before mixing...cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg!
Before popping in the oven...small dollops flattened just a tad  

0 comments:

Post a Comment