Mini Spicalicious Apple Pies

Current Mood: Dancey (is that even a word??)
Listening To: Armin Van Buurin ft. Avicci-Drowning
Current Day: HUMP DAY! 

HAPPY ALMOST DECEMBER!

Is it normal to spend 3 hours on a dessert for Thanksgiving day??? Apparently mini apple pies take twice as long as a full size pie! When I showed up to my parents house before driving down to Canton to my cousins for dinner, my dad says, "Couldn't you have just made a regular-sized apple pie!?" My answer, "No way! That's so boring."

True Story.

Why bake what every one else bakes for the holidays? Dare to be different! I also figured that these would each be smaller than a slice of apple pie so they would be better for you? Hmmm...think about it....

Yummily filling
The 3 hours were SO worth it! Everything was pretty much the same as a regular apple pie except I had to dice the Granny Smith apples (7 of them took me over an hour to slice for SOME unknown reason). I also ended up breaking the dough into 18 individual pieces and THEN rolling each one out into a circle. I fit each one into an ungreased cupcake cavity, filled with the apple mixture (which had LOTS of nutmeg in it or so it seemed), cut little strips to make the lattice, baked for about 40 minutes and BAM! I know I'm not Emeril...I can pretend right?

They were a hit at my cousin's condo! Heat it up a bit and it's the best thing you'll ever try :)

That may be a bit overboard...

Anyways, the recipe is REALLY easy just time consuming and it was well worth the time!




0 comments:

Post a Comment