No Bake Mini Mint Chocolate Cheesecakes

Mood: Chipper and happy it's Hump Day!
Current Song: Taylor Swift-22 (I really am not fond of her, but I really like this song!)

Cheesecake is probably my most favorite dessert ever. And I mean EVER. If that's on the menu when I go out to eat, I get it. If a good recipe comes out that I come across, I make it. If my mom's making it. I'm there. However, she never makes it!

I made a chocolate, chocolate cheesecake for Martin's dad's 50th birthday last year and they invited me in to try some...of course I didn't turn THAT down! I was nervous actually because I had never made a REAL cheesecake before. I had just gotten my spring form pans at that time and had never used one before. I've used a regular pie pan for "cheesecakes" before but that is more like a pie. Hmph.

So there went nothing! And it turned out AMAZING. The chocolate flavor was so deep and rich. His dad, a chocolate fanatic, loved it.

Anyways, back to my most recent cheesecake extravaganza. We were having a very small dinner party. And I mean small. Four of us. That didn't stop me from making a delish dessert though! While browsing my Liv's Bakery page on Facebook, I saw that one of my favorite pages, My Baking Addiction, had posted these awesome mini no bake mint chocolate cheesecakes. It was sort of last minute with us having the dinner party, so I wanted something simple. Especially since I don't get home until 6ish each day and still had to shower and get ready for our guests. This dessert sounded like it would do the trick!

Here's the recipe I used.  Only mine weren't as pretty :( I didn't use a pastry bag to fill the shot glasses so it was a little sloppily done, unfortunately.

What I changed: I decided to use honey instead of sugar. I've read that honey can be healthier for you so I decided to give it a try! I used the same amount, 3 tbsp. (this is what they had for sugar). I also used low fat, low sugar cool whip. I was trying my best to make this as healthy as possible, people! I wasn't familiar with Andes Creme de Menthe cookies so I went with mint chocolate Oreos instead. I also used 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese. I get this all the time and it's just as delicious as regular!

I then topped each with canned whipped cream like she did. They were so good! Pretty much tasted like mint chocolate chip ice cream but not freezing cold. Our friends loved them and it was just the right amount of dessert after eating homemade mexican pizza and cheese steak pizza. Good job to the boyfriend on these!

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment