First Wedding Cupcake Order!

Current Mood: excited and crushed
Current Song: Krewella-Alive

First off, I hope that everyone who lives in Rosedale or was in Rosedale when the train derailed this afternoon is okay. My prayers are with you all!

Second off, I just had my first wedding cupcake order on Saturday. Funny thing is, I didn't know they were for an actual wedding until AFTER I made them on Saturday morning! Talk about being nervous! Dom's mom had another cupcake order for me last week...started at 8 dozen minis and turned into 12 dozen after a few days. But I didn't know what they were for! I LOVE making minis though. I can bake 48 at a time and they only take about 10 minutes to bake. I can roll through them pretty quickly. In other words, ORDER MINIS FROM ME SOON!

Kthx.

So Friday night I had this task upon me. 12 dozen minis--4 dozen red velvet, 4 dozen chocolate on chocolate, and 4 dozen vanilla on vanilla. Simple enough. And monetarily pleasing. Does that make sense? Sometimes I'm vocabulary challenged. All my friends will tell you that. And to think I was going to be an elementary school teacher...HA!

Anyways, I got started on the order right away (sorta) after work on Friday. Thank goodness I (and by I, I mean Dom) didn't have to take them to Kelly at Peerce's until 11:30am the next morning! Why? Because I messed up the batch of vanilla...wasn't a happy camper. I used my three most favorite recipes that have been a big hit previously.

I love oil. And fatty substances.

Said no one EVER...

But when it comes to cupcakes, everyone should be saying that!

I made absolutely TO-DIE-FOR chocolate buttercream for the chocolate cupcakes. I couldn't stop squeezing it out of the pastry bag (once I was done with the cupcakes) into my mouth. I literally couldn't stop.

So I found out Saturday morning that these were for an ACTUAL wedding. An Irish wedding at that. Dom was bartending at it and said they didn't even have a cake! They just had my cupcakes and some petit fours that the mother of the bride made. I feel so honored!

Keep the orders coming everyone!

Cheers!

1 comments:

kelly heath said...
May 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

They were a hit....They loved the red velvet and the chocolate buttercream was awesome...Thanks Liv

Post a Comment