"Alcohol is Bad in Baked Goods" Said No One EVER

GO RAY-VENS!!!!

Mood: VERY sleepy yet hopeful
Current song playing: Flo Rida--Wild Ones (feat. Sia)

First time making alcohol infused cupcakes was indeed a successful one! You may have noticed my mood--sleepy yet hopeful--the Ravens paired with Moscato, a shot of weird purple vodka, and a few Natty Bohs definitely wore me out last night. Having to work today did not help the situation either. However, my Rum Chata cupcakes were da bomb and I wouldn't change a moment of last night.

The hopeful part.

Liv's Bakery is finally heading in the positive direction! A HUGE thanks goes out to the boyfriend's mom for giving me a chance and ordering eight dozen mini cupcakes for this weekend's bridal show at Peerce's Plantation! I can't be any happier! Jumping in head first and bringing my feet off the ground. Thanks Mrs. Kelly! Four dozen chocolate and four dozen vanilla bean are planned for Friday evening. Topping them off with traditional butter cream and hopefully finding some light blue sprinkles/toppers for each (the bridal shower colors are white and light blue for a winter wonderland touch). Keeping busy!

Hopeful part, part dos.

Ravens--please win the Super Bowl not only for 52 but for your home town. We love you boys!

Back to my Rum Chata mini cupcakes with Hot Damn butter cream.

That's right. Yesterday's treat for the playoff game were these scrumptious, bite size cupcakes for alcoholics. Just kidding. Alcohol disappears once baked, right!?!? :)

I was going to just add Rum Chata to my basic vanilla cupcake recipe, however, I decided to search for an actual Rum Chata cupcake recipe and what do ya know! Found one.

There is only one word for these cupcakes...moist! Yes, I hate that word with a passion, however, it's the only word I can think of when I think of how these tasted. My number one concern when baking cupcakes is being able to keep them moist. The creamy rum does it for these cakes.

The Hot Damn adds to the sweetness...and may have actually been better than the Fireball which is what I was originally going to add to the icing. Fireball...Rum Chata...Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal...get it? The cinnamon schnapps flavor went well with the Rum Chata in the cakes though and I'm quite happy that I went with that instead. You may ask, "Why does she have Hot Damn lying around??" Well, you can thank Vinnie and Megan for the 15 minis that were part of my secret Santa gift at the Christmas Party...

The best thing about minis...you don't ever feel guilty eating just one. The bite size treats are easy to pop in your mouth in one (or two) bites and they immediately satisfy your sweet tooth.

Random fact of the day...remove your cupcakes from the oven when they are a bit "sunken" in in the center. I read recently that just because the dome top seems to produce the perfect cupcake, doesn't necessarily mean it will be perfect on the inside. It could actually mean that it is over done. I thought about this during my baking session on Sunday and it does indeed make a difference!

Try the recipe out on your free time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment