Around the House

I want to get more into just throwing things together around my house to make a scrumptious treat.

This is exactly what I did Sunday!

Well...I didn't THROW just ANYTHING together.

But flavors that I know will taste delicious together all went into this random baking session of mine Sunday afternoon before heading over my parents for dinner.

I REALLY wanted to make low-fat white chocolate, chocolate puddin' pies but I didn't have enough milk. These would have consisted of using Truvia instead of sugar to sweeten, nonfat milk, unsweetened baking chocolate, some white chocolate morsels, and nonfat, sugar-free, whipped cream with a frozen raspberry on top. There would have been a graham cracker crust made with Truvia on the bottom of each mini pie too!

Sounds yummy huh!?

This will be put on the back burner until March probably when I don't have every weekend occupied with exciting things to do and bake!

Anyways...back to what I ACTUALLY made on Sunday.

I layered cinnamon streusel, peanut butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, more streusel, and topped each cupcake thinga-ma-bobber with frozen raspberries.

Random enough for ya??

I layered the ingredients in cupcake liners and baked them for about 12 minutes on 350. Added the frozen raspberries after letting them cool for a bit.

Where are they now? In the freezer! I thought this would be a great frozen treat which I will be devouring tonight most likely.

Next time...I plan to add a dollop of homemade vanilla whipped cream and THEN the raspberries on top. I just didn't have any whipping cream to do so Sunday.

I tried one when it was still warm and the flavors compliment each other so well. We'll see how good it is frozen tonight!

"Everything Cupcake Thinga-Ma-Bobbers"

To make six

1/4 c. butter softened
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1/3 c. unbleached, all purpose flour
1 tsp. cinnamon (sometimes I like extra)
About 6 tbsp. peanut butter (I used all natural PB)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
Homemade whipped cream and frozen raspberries (optional)

Directions:
1. Using a hand blender, beat the butter in a medium sized mixing bowl until fluffy
2. Add the sugar and brown sugar and blend well
3. Mix in the flour (slowly so it doesn't go everywhere!) and the cinnamon
4. Line a cupcake pan with six cupcake liners of your choice
5. Place a heaping tbsp of streusel into each liner. On top of that, about a tbsp. of peanut butter
6. Add a handful of each semi-sweet chocolate chips and then white chocolate chips
7. Completely cover each one with streusel again. You may have some left over in the bowl (I did)
8. Bake on 350 for 10-12 minutes
9. Let cool completely before topping with whipped cream/frozen or fresh raspberries (I only had frozen at the time but fresh would be ten times better!)

You could probably leave the toppings off, heat them before serving, and then top with the whipped cream/raspberries. Like a warm, gooey, to-die-for mini pie! I will let ya'll know how they are frozen when I eat one tonight!!

Cheers!





0 comments:

Post a Comment