Upcoming Cupcake Order

It is unbelievably slow at work right now so I am going to blog about my next cupcake order coming up this Saturday!

One of my mom's close friends is going to a party on Saturday and wants to take three dozen of my best cupcakes. I thought about this for a little and recommended the vanilla bean cupcakes and the chocolate-brownie-ish cupcakes that I made for a past order. Then I thought that this was a tad boring for an "After New Years Party." I then recommended my red velvet or snicker doodle cupcakes. EVERYONE loves snicker doodles.

Whichever way she goes, I am going to try out the new version of classic butter cream that is featured in one of my cupcake cook books. Instead of using all of that powdered sugar which makes butter cream EXTREMELY sweet, rich, and thick, this recipe uses 3 egg whites, regular sugar, butter, and vanilla. Instead of JUST using a hand mixer/standing mixer, you need to use a double broiler first and then move onto the mixer . This is a very interesting butter cream recipe and I am excited to try it out! I imagine it being a lot lighter and definitely a lot less rich.

The best part about this recipe (and with the traditional butter cream recipe) is that you can add literally ANY flavor to it. I am planning on making a chocolate butter cream and then the plain, vanilla (or maybe a hazelnut...yum!!)

Stay tuned for the final outcome of my next cupcake order!

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment