Liv Cooked...Say What?!

That's right.

I actually COOKED on Friday. I always thought I was a baker and not so much a cook but Friday proved me wrong.

Now don't get me wrong...the tomato soup recipe I made the other day was a really simple one but it was my first time making soup and I think I should give myself some credit!

Dominic got his tonsils removed and his deviated septum re-structured it so I wanted to be a thoughtful girlfriend and make him some homemade soup. I didn't want to have anything chunky in there and I also didn't want to go over the top and make something really tasty/new since he can't taste anything. So I stuck with a simple, tomato basil soup.

It was so yummy! Next time, I am going to serve it with cheesy garlic bread. Here's the recipe:

2 tbsp basil flavored olive oil
3 tsp minced garlic
1, 14oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
1, 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 cups chicken or veggie stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
3 tbsp chopped basil
Parmesan cheese if you wish

If you have the basil infused olive oil, this adds some flavor to the soup. First, you heat the olive oil and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes. Add the whole tomatoes one by one squeezing each to break them up. Pour in the liquid from the can as well. Add the salt, pepper, and stock and mix well. Heat this for about 10 minutes before adding the cream and basil.

So easy right?!

I then topped with some Parmesan cheese when I served it. I used chicken stock but I am going to try it with veggie stock next time. The perfect choice for a vegetarian! It's not too creamy either so if you don't like creamy soup, this would still be a great choice for you. Serve with grilled cheese or cheesy garlic bread and it will be the best meal ever!

Enjoy and cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment