Ray-vens Cupcake Order

Black & Purple ruled everyone's house in Baltimore on Sunday so I was excited to incorporate these colors into my cupcake order for Mrs. Jo!

She wanted one dozen vanilla bean and one dozen s'mores so I decided to put my own twist on them. I iced the vanilla bean with vanilla original butter cream dyed purple and the s'mores with my special, graham cracker butter cream dyed black.

The s'mores cupcakes are iced with a butter cream that includes a "special" ingredient which is secret but it is gluten free and vegan. It literally tastes like graham crackers so it is PERFECT for these cupcakes! I usually bake mini marshmallows into the batter but this time, I iced with the special butter cream, dyed it black, and topped each cupcake with mini marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs. They were awesome!

I tried a new piping design...and it ended up looking great on the vanilla bean cupcakes. I have misplaced my 1M piping tip (but I'm buying a bigger and better one tomorrow!!) so I am stuck with a smaller star tip. When I piped the icing around the center of the cupcake, it didn't look like quite enough so I added an extra decoration around the edges that turned out pretty cool!

I started using my oven thermometer...and I actually found out that my oven is SPOT on. I suggest that everyone buy this tool! It was only $7 at Plastic Container City where I also bought a BUNCH of plastic cupcake containers to deliver my orders in. They are much easier than trying to fit them into cardboard boxes and so much easier to transport since each cupcake has it's own cavity to fit into. Visit their website!!

Raven's Super Bowl Sunday cupcake order=success!

Sunday I also made the mini version of Liv's Bakery's original recipe--Cinnamon Swirl Latte cupcakes. I used homemade whipped cream instead of vanilla butter cream and everyone at the boyfriend's party loved them. For ordering purposes, I will stick with butter cream since whipped cream cannot stay out in room temp as long. They are scrumptious either way.

Cheers!





0 comments:

Post a Comment